.

“Two wings lift a person up from earthy concerns: simplicity and purity. Simplicity should be in intention, purity in feelings. Simplicity reaches out after God, purity catches hold and tastes. ~ Thomas A’Kempis

Wednesday, 14 July 2010

Simplicity...


Hello,

While I was travelling in America in 2009, the word ‘Simplify’ seemed to be everywhere I went, plastered all over little craft and gift shops on wooden signs. Twice I almost brought a little plaque but didn’t.

Anyway when I returned, I became obsessed with ‘clearing’, with simplifying. For those who like to go a little deeper you'll be able to relate to this thought ‘A cluttered ‘space’, can often be linked to a cluttered mind’. I found I was holding onto too many things…and why?

1. Maybe I’m not trusting that I will be provided for?
2. Many of my ‘things’ hold memories.
3. I’m a bit of a hoarder.

But the ‘stuff’ was starting to make me feel oppressed. So I set to ‘clearing’. I began with my wardrobe, and ruthlessly threw into rubbish bags everything that either was too big, too small, outdated, or I simply didn’t like anymore. I filled 6 rubbish size bags full of clothes and have now taken them to a local second hand clothing store. Then I started on shoes…and went through the same procedure. Now my hangers move freely in the wardrobe, and I can easily find what I want. Everything in there, I like, and I wear. Then I moved onto my kitchen cupboards. I set aside a big pile of extra dishes and storage containers, no longer needed and have given them to my daughter.

Then I started on books…I’m yet to finish this task…
So if you too, feel cluttered, up or ‘stuck’ in some way, I suggest you meditate on the concepts of simplifying, purging and clearing.  If nothing else your house will be less clutterered :)

Thats all for now,
love Linda

5 comments:

  1. Good on you! All difficult tasks! Can't wait for your next entry :) Love you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Linda...LOVING your page already!!! :O)..Just wonderful!!God Bless my precious friend!! xox ....ps/Love the music !!

    Your friend Debbie :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, I love reading your blogs and listening to your music; that is one of the things I miss from myspace. A few years ago, I started to simplify after reading a book called "Simple Abundance~~A Daybook of Comfort and Joy" by Sarah Ban Breathnach. I also love the Amish lifestyle. We don't need half the things we think we need. God bless you. xoxo Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comments ladies :0). I also have read that book Kayla, many years ago, but didn't do much with the info at the time. Glad you stopped by Brooke...hugs to you all !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! my NZ sister... I must confess that I just read & LOVED what you shared... I too need to do this & now may be able too... Have furniture being hauled off tomorrow... next will be the clothes! Keep me posted, I'm trying to get delivered from the demon-spirit of procrastination... please pray for me!!!

    ReplyDelete

Elderflower Cordial

Hi everyone, I'm feeling very happy with myself :) About 3 - 4 years ago a friend gifted us with some Elderberry plants...which mostl...