A few weeks back I was making a beef curry and decided to google a recipe for Naan bread. I found this one, and its amazing. Lovely, soft and chewy..perfect for soaking up juices from curries..I hope you'll try it.
2 t dried yeast
2 t sugar
1 cup warm water
3 T warm milk
1/4 cup white sugar
2 lge cloves garlic crushed
4 1/2 C bread flour
2 t sea salt
1/4 C melted butter
1. Dissolve the 1st measure of sugar in the warm water. Sprinkle the yeast over. Cover with cling film,wrap in a small towel and set aside in a warm place for 15 minutes - to froth.
2. Put the dough hook on your mixer. Into the mixing bowl add all the remaining ingredients, egg, milk, flour etc
5. Heat the grill pan, AND TURN THE OVEN ONTO 180 c. When the grill pan is heated to medium - drizzle some olive oil over. Brush one side of the rolled out Naan dough with melted butter and place this side down in the grill pan. Leave for a minute , press down with a spatula. Brush the other side with butter. Flip it over, and press down. leave for a minute until it rises some.
Then remove to the oven, and leave in for about 5 minutes.
Should rise a bit more and be cooked through. Place onto a paper towel lined plate, and cover with a t-towel.
6. Continue to cook all the renaining Naan's in the same way.
7. I used a couple of Naan's to make Pizza's..
~ Naan Pizza's ~
sugar/ salt/ black pepper
toppings: salami, cheese - mozzarella/parmesan
mushrooms, peppers, olives, tomato & onion
1.Preheat oven to 180 C.
2. Spread some tomato paste on the Naan bases (about 2 T ) on each. Sprinkle oregano, some sugar and parmesan over each.
Place whatever toppings on that you want.
3. Bake for 10 minutes at 180 C, then turn the grill on, to brown the tops a little...
4. Enjoy :0)