Two wings lift a person up from earthy concerns: simplicity and purity. Simplicity should be in intention, purity in feelings. Simplicity reaches out after God, purity catches hold and tastes. ~ Thomas A’Kempis

Saturday 14 August 2010

Pot Luck Lunch....


I don't know about you, but I love pot luck lunches.  We were invited today to a friends home for lunch, and I'm taking a jar of my pickled beets from last summer, this salad and some yo yo cookies..Mmm.
I love trying all the different salads at Pot lucks, so I thought I'd share my recipe for 'Noodle Caggabe slaw'. Its easy, most people have the ingredients on hand and its inexpensive. Everytime I take it to a pot luck, people always ask for the recipe, and there's never any leftovers :0)

Here's the recipe:
~ TANGY NOODLE SLAW ~


1/4 sml head of Cabbage - slice/chop thinly
1/4 head of Broccoli - chop small
1 Stick celery - slice fine
2 Spring onions - slice fine
1 Pkg 2 min noodles/ramen style noodles (with chicken flavouring sachet included)


Dressing:
The sachet of chicken flavouring that comes with the noodles
1/4 cup light oil
3 T cider vinegar/or white
2 T sugar
1/2 t salt
Topping:
1 T sesame seeds
1 T slivered almonds

METHOD:

1. Mix all the dressing ingredients together. Set aside.
2. Toast the almonds and sesame seeds (seperately) and lightly
3. Mix all the vegetables, dressing and half the toasted nuts and seeds in a large bowl.
4. Sprinkle over the seeds.

5. Refrigerate if desired - (the noodles will soften slightly), but its just as good when the noodles still have crunch. Keeps for a day or two in the fridge.

~ ENJOY ~




No comments:

Post a Comment

Strangers and Pilgrims

  Hello dear friends and quiet followers, I hope your week is going well? It's Winter here in my corner of the world, so I am tucked up ...