Two wings lift a person up from earthy concerns: simplicity and purity. Simplicity should be in intention, purity in feelings. Simplicity reaches out after God, purity catches hold and tastes. ~ Thomas A’Kempis

Friday 26 February 2021

Feeling Poorly

 

Colin Campbell - Cooper 'Hollyhocks'
Shalom, Sorry it's been a month since I last wrote anything. It's been a busy time, blessed and also challenging. My only daughter had her 5th baby one month ago; their first little boy. He was delivered by 'C' section, which wasn't what was planned. She'd originally wanted a home birth, but through a series of events, which can only be put down to the Lord very firmly having His hand on our daughter, Isaac John was born at the hospital. He was breech and foot first. A home birth could have been disastrous as they live in the country. Here in the picture below, little Isaac is one month old, such a wee treasure and showered in kisses every day from all his sisters. Isn't God good !

Here at the homestead I got some sort of virus just after baby was born. I haven't been tested but don't believe it to be Covid, as there are no cases in our area and I haven't been anywhere. As I have asthma, any kind of cold/bug that I get inevitably goes to my chest, sucks all the life/energy out of me and it takes quite some time for me to get back on my feet with the full energy I had previously. This particular virus which I am still getting over put me in bed for four days and even now almost 3 weeks later my energy levels are still low. I'm eating well, take multivitamins, vitamin C, Zinc etc you name it I'm on it  :) but still I'm zapped. I know from previous episodes like this the best thing to ensure a full and lasting recovery is rest...REST.....rest. A little sunshine, fresh air and light exercise, if it's a warm day with no cold wind is okay and beneficial too. My problem though is my life is so full and busy with commitments that I just can't take weeks to get fully well? Do other people have this problem? I believe it to be quite common, especially for busy mums, people who work  outside the home and or work from home. We just don't rest like we need to. 


~
The other problem is there is no one to do the jobs if I'm not up to task.  Please understand I do have a wonderful husband and he does help where he can with simple meals and some housework when I am very sick...but illness just messes with my head. 
The only saving grace I have is prayer and knowing I can talk away to God about it all as much as I need. His word too is a great comfort to me and most often you will find me in the psalms. The way David prayed and laid it all out before the Lord assures me that I may as well just say what's on my heart as He knows anyway :)

~


One of the days  when I was in bed I was just so exhausted, and knew that we needed to eat something healthy, so I just dragged myself out of bed and put the crockpot on. I made chicken soup with as many vegetables as I could stuff in it, herbs, beans, split peas etc. We ate from that for several days. I even froze some of it...and yet the bug lingered on. But life carry's on and showers need to be cleaned, floors need to be mopped, washing must be kept up with...home business orders must be packaged, product needs to be made etc. In between doing chores, I made a cup of tea and sat on the couch until I had some energy to carry on again. 
On top of that my father went back into hospital and so my poor mum needs supporting and encouragement. He's out of hospital again now, but terribly thin and mum cares for him like a nurse.  


Oh Lord, you are my only strength, the one in whom I look to each and every day. Come in your power. Your word says by your stripes we are healed. I stand on those promises and speak them over so many other people I know, my dad and even my own self. Lord heal our Land, take away this scourge of disease from our world, that's caused such havoc and untold misery and grief. So much uncertainty..yet Oh Lord I seek your face, I trust in your unfailing love. I know my troubles, my bad breathing will eventually get better...I know these days that I have to drag myself though, where even just making the dinner requires a great effort will pass...health will return. You are ever so faithful God. I know this to be true, even though discouragement tries to camp outside the door of my heart and make me feel like I can't cope; I know leaning on you, and with encouragement from Holy Spirit you get me through. The sun rises on a new day. 


I'm still cooking, baking and caring for my family, trying to help my daughter, endeavouring to phone and let our other children know we love them and pray for them every day. These days are just not easy. I can't lament on and on about the difficulties, the tiredness when my lungs don't work as good. People get tired of hearing about it. But God sees and understands :) His ear is always attentive. He is only LOVE. I hope this little piece of writing isn't too dreary. I truly hope someone else who may have Asthma/allergies, who knows the exhaustion at times, will be encouraged to pour there troubles out to God, to rest in His loving arms.

Linda xo



 

14 comments:

  1. Fatigue can be so frustrating and debilitating. I have asthma, allergies and two autoimmune disorders, plus osteoarthritis. Some days are simply rest days. I used to get so much done in my younger years. I, for some reason, still expect to be able to do what I did in my 30's although I am in my 70's now. I have learned that rest is a blessing. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words Glenda and for sharing some of your own health issues. I probably need to learn to rest more when unwell and not expect too much of myself. I pray the Lord will heal you too xo ~ Linda

      Delete
  2. Hello Linda dear,
    I am so excited you have a new grandlittle. He is so very adorable!
    I understand about it being difficult to get enough rest while recovering. This past illness and surgery really knocked me down. It took quite awhile to get back to myself. Meanwhile, the house got worse and worse. I don't think my bathroom floor was cleaned for at least 6 or 7 weeks. It got pretty bad. I was just too tired to add one more thing.
    Sending you a big hug that will squeeze out the bad stuff and that will let you be filled with the good stuff. Hmmm... hugs don't do that. Father God, please expand and fill Linda's lungs with the breath of life that comes only from you. I ask in faith in Jesus' name.

    Bless you dearie,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are just the sweetest :) Bless you Laura. I almost deleted this drearie post of mine...but felt to leave it. Life is not always roses and those who have gone through bad bouts of health such as yourself understand very well. I'm so thankful your regaining your strength. Your prayers mean so much to me. Today I actually felt a bit better and even though I had to do a lot of chores, I paced myself and didn't feel like such a worn out rag at the end, your prayers lifted me xox ~ Linda

      Delete
  3. Awww....Such a precious little baby! God is good. All the way around, He is good. Thank God for a safe delivery!

    Rest, rest, dear one. We are in those sandwich years aren't we? In the middle of caring for older parents, still nurturing and checking in on our older kids...My secondborn daughter just had a miscarriage.

    I've been sick like that for several months at a time before, it was difficult and I will be praying for you. Last year I had sickness several times...Oh wow. It does drain. Rest and with prayers, good hot soups and hot teas it will help loads as I know and are doing. (Sorry, I'm just preachin' to the choir right?)

    I'll be praying for you, I know He is already there with you. I know He'll send special Gifts to you during this time too. The other evening I was having a difficult time, and ya know? God is so good to me, I looked out my studio window that early evening in the still quiet and in the tree with two of my little cup feeders were at least nine birds, several cardinals and various other species of birds, I stood there smiling because I knew it was the Father showing me He was there with me.

    Praying you'll sense the Father's presence as I bet you already have. : ) I know exactly how you are feeling, it helps to write about it sometimes and it helps when sisters in the Lord come and give you a cyber (((hug))) too. In my humble opinion this is a huge part of what blogging is all about.

    I'll remember you in my prayers dear Linda, Love, Amelia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are such a darling Amelia, I appreciate your heart and words so very much. I'm just feeling drained much of the time right now...but I also know it is a season. Your words so encouraged me and they felt like a true ((hug)) in spirit. I send one back to you. Thank you for sharing your lovely story of God's presence too - how very special !!.
      I'll also pray for you and your precious daughter; how sad to lose a wee baby. I've not experienced that, but could only imagine it would be very sad for her, her husband and grandparents. Much love to you ~ Linda

      Delete
  4. Dear Linda,

    Firstly, congratulations on your beautiful grandson. I will be praying for your recovery of health. It is hard when we have these seasons. I understand chronic illness and fatigue issues. Resting is difficult when there are still things needing tending to. I hope you are able to tend to the most important ones while resting as much as possible. It is always so lovely to see a new post pop up from you no matter what. I am pleased you felt to leave this one up. We are not alone in our health struggles.

    With love, Kaye Xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Kaye for your kind words. I'll be seeing that little grandson today :) to give him lots of cuddles !! I learnt something through 'leaving this post up'. It resonated with many people. I learnt that I'm not alone with my health struggles and that many people who stop by here have as much as me to deal with and a whole lot more. It also gave me more opportunity to pray for you all. I'm going to try to 'factor' rest into my life. You've all blessed me so much - love to you ~ Linda xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nearly a month later, may God hold you in His palm and comfort you in this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary :) I am feeling well again now. Bless your caring heart and kind words.

      Delete
  7. I do hope you're feeling better now friend. I wish I could be there to help.\
    Hugs,
    Laura
    P.S. Praying now for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura, I need to do a new post. I am much better - thanks :) I've been focusing on my home and family and just haven't been blogging or making videos...but Winter is coming and I will have more time xo Thanks for your kind words and prayers (very much appreciated)

      Delete
  8. God bless you, Linda! I hope you and your father are feeling much better. That new grand-baby looks like such a joy and blessing! I hope your daughter if fully recovered. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Mrs White for your kind words. My daughter and baby are doing great. My Dad has ongoing health issues. I just try to encourage/help and visit as much as I can. Bless you x ~ Linda

    ReplyDelete

Strangers and Pilgrims

  Hello dear friends and quiet followers, I hope your week is going well? It's Winter here in my corner of the world, so I am tucked up ...