Two wings lift a person up from earthy concerns: simplicity and purity. Simplicity should be in intention, purity in feelings. Simplicity reaches out after God, purity catches hold and tastes. ~ Thomas A’Kempis

Saturday 15 January 2011

My first Aid kit.....

4 things I wouldn't be without and always use.

1. PRAYER !!!!

2. Floradix



Floradix is an Iron tonic made from fruit. I used to give it to my children and my husband  after an illness or id they were just worn out or run down. If taken morning and night as recommended, I always found my energy and vitality was restored within less than a week.

Active Ingredients:


EACH 10ML=1/2 MEASURING CAPFUL CONTAINS: 5.95g Aqueous extract from: carrots, nettles, spinach, quitch roots, angelica roots, fennel, ocean kelp, african mallow blossom, orange peel.3.24g Fruit Concentrate of: pears, red grapes, blackcurrants, oranges, blackberries, cherries, beetroots.1.17g Aqueous extract of: iron fed yeast with absorbable iron 7.5mg and added thiamine (vit B1) 1.0mg, Riboflavin 0.9mg, Vit B6 0.5mg, Vit B12 0.6mcg, Vit C 10.0mg.

Floradix provides nutritional iron and is a biological food supplement which provides organic iron, extracts of carefully selected herbs, delicious fruits, vitamins, specially cultured yeast and ocean kelp. In addition, it contains extracts of wheat germ and rose hips. Iron is an essential dietary factor. Floradix has absorbable iron in the form of a yeast extract dietary supplement. In addition, Floradix contains vitamin B2, B6, B12, and folic acid in an easily absorbable and favourably balanced proprtion. It is especially suitable for women (including expectant and nursing mothers), men, growing children and people whose diet is lacking in natural iron and vitamins
 
3. Tea Tree Oil
 
 
- Tea Tree oil is one of the best things everyone should have in their homes. Its the first defence against allsorts of insect bites (especially mosquito - which can easily become infected), cuts from rose thorns etc.  I'ts also great for pimples/acne and helped my teenage son immensley.

Its a natural antifungal, antibacterial, antiviral, anti-infection oil. It is effective against many types of infestations and is not just soothing and disinfecting, it is capable of penetrating into the lower skin layers with its anti-inflammatory, disinfectant, analgesic (pain killing) and cicatrizant (wound-healing) qualities. It helps the skin to heal by encouraging the formation of scar tissue.

and finally...

4.Weleda Hypercal Ointment



All weleda products are excellent, but I find this ointment to be exceptional. I've used their Arnica ointment for bruises and sprains etc and also Combodorum gel for colds (rub on chest).
Hypercal ointment is a traditional, herbal product to help soothe and heal painful cuts, superficial wounds and abrasions, an essential part of any first aid kit.


Active herbs in the ointment:
Hypericum (St. John’s Wort) - natural pain relief, antiseptic and anti-viral qualities
Calendula (Marigold) - wound healing, tissue regeneration and antiseptic qualities
The soothing Lavender essential oil gives the cream a pleasant fragrance 
 
I dress cuts by cleaning first, then a light wipe of t-tree oil, followed by some hypercal ointment on a bandaid.
On a graze I would just use hypercal ointment.
 
I hope you'll try some of the things from my first aid kit :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Strangers and Pilgrims

  Hello dear friends and quiet followers, I hope your week is going well? It's Winter here in my corner of the world, so I am tucked up ...