Two wings lift a person up from earthy concerns: simplicity and purity. Simplicity should be in intention, purity in feelings. Simplicity reaches out after God, purity catches hold and tastes. ~ Thomas A’Kempis

Monday 6 February 2017

Hello again..

It's been 4 years since I posted to this blog. Below is a picture of what has mostly been consuming me for those years: 'soap making'. I fell for it hard..and its a passion I still love. I also make herbal balms, candles, lotion, creams etc and sell them on my website. This year I had a desire to be blogging again..why? I don't really know. Perhaps it was because I got very sick around November 2016..attacked with many virus's, a bout of vertigo that lasted for weeks, where I couldn't work and honestly I think I simply got 'burn out'. I started asking myself - How much can one woman do? I was working a little bit part-time at our local childrens daycare centre, running/making everything for this small soap business, trying to cook, clean, garden, homestead, spend time with my husband, family,/children/grandchildren etc...arrgghhhh..stop life, I need to get off !!! I don't know that I was doing any of the those things very well, but hey I was giving it my all..every ounce of my all. I initially started the soap business to raise some extra money to help with household costs. What I've found is, it's a huge juggling act....that I enjoy most of the time. One of my faults is I start too many new things...I expand and expand, without asking, can I sustain this? So gradually a lot of the things I enjoyed like baking homemade bread, making Ginger Ale, Sewing, tending the flower gardens..all went by the wayside. I simply couldn't do everything..the garden got overgrown and weedy...we buy bread..I don't sew...and I became less frugal with the grocery expenditure too, because I was so busy I needed more 'convenience food'..just the very word makes me shudder..convenience..eee
So 2107 is about finding my 'balance' and 'Joy' in the simple life again. I hate waste and excess..its not the way I choose to live.
So having said all that, I hope to get back into sharing again on here- about life, what I'm cooking, growing, making etc..slowing down a tad and enjoying life more.
Blessings to anyone who stops by and reads this and understands.
 ~ Linda

                              


This was my 'little forest' soap...fir/woodsy scent. The colour is indigo root infusion :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Strangers and Pilgrims

  Hello dear friends and quiet followers, I hope your week is going well? It's Winter here in my corner of the world, so I am tucked up ...