Two wings lift a person up from earthy concerns: simplicity and purity. Simplicity should be in intention, purity in feelings. Simplicity reaches out after God, purity catches hold and tastes. ~ Thomas A’Kempis

Monday 20 February 2017

Happy Moments

It was a lovely day today for several reasons, but two in particular stand out :)

1. We  got underfloor insulation !!! yeh !!! We live in a big OLD villa (137 years to be exact). In the winter (and early Spring & Autumn) if it wasn't for our wood burner we would freeze. Normally in the winter I stuff a cushion under my feet to stop the cold air coming up through the floor and making my legs ache....so hopefully this little extra insulation will help keep the drafts at bay.

and now the star moment...

2. Today our Coes Golden Drop Plum tree gave up its first and only plum. I think we planted it about 2 years ago... I've been keeping a careful eye on that plum and I actually picked the plum, rather than let it fall, because it felt softish and I didn't want the pesky birds to get in first!! Its a lovely shade of yellowy/green. I brought the tree to cross pollinate with the Greengage Plum and help it fruit better, but the Coes has been so slow itself that I've been skeptical we'd ever get a good harvest of greengages. Hopefully next year we'll be able to pick more fruit from both trees. So now I eagerly await the one plum ripening up a bit more over a couple of days and see what the flavours like  :) I have a recipe for Greengage and Vanilla Jam filed away somewhere...just the sound of it makes me lick my lips !!! Bye for now :)
Blessings to all ~ Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment

Strangers and Pilgrims

  Hello dear friends and quiet followers, I hope your week is going well? It's Winter here in my corner of the world, so I am tucked up ...