Two wings lift a person up from earthy concerns: simplicity and purity. Simplicity should be in intention, purity in feelings. Simplicity reaches out after God, purity catches hold and tastes. ~ Thomas A’Kempis

Monday 11 September 2017

August ?

Hi everyone,
my oh my I can't believe its already 11th September !!! where did August go? I started writing this post in August, then filed it and am just now getting back to it..
It's Spring time here in New Zealand and we're seeing lots of sunnier days, but still also cold winds and even some hail today !!
Daffodils are blooming in various parts of the garden and little baby lambs can be seen out in the fields when I'm out driving.


On a less joyful note, our sweet cat Muffin passed away suddenly. One minute he was fine, happy, eating, sitting on laps, doing everything he loved to do. The next day he was no where to be found. At the end of the day (Friday night) we found him under the house, very pitiful, not wanting to move. He gave us some final little squeaks (as he was never one to really fully meow), then his little body slumped down, he closed his eyes and died shortly after. What a terrible sad shock !!!  I have spent the week wishing I had spent more time with him, as I'm sure people do say and think things like that after a dear one dies. When he was a younger cat he loved to frolic in the garden with me and pretty much wherever I was in the garden he was never far away :) What a sweet memory. 

This weekend I did some gardening - preparing garden beds for Spring planting and transplanted some Raspberry canes down the back of the section. Muffin is buried not far away and I tell myself he's just sleeping down the back - it helps. I miss him and his quiet ways. He was a very gentle cat. Thank you Lord for what Muffin brought to our lives. We enjoyed him for around 9 human years. 



We also had our dear son Louis move out (again), it was his second re-launch :) We miss his presence here at the house very very much (and our wee grandson who stayed every second night), but we're happy for them that they get to experience a new season in life and all the joys and no doubt challenges that it will bring. xox
This is a picture of them from a few years back - 2 handsome guys xox

So my days have mostly been filled with times of reflection, sadness, cleaning (of course), baking (as per), lots of soap making !!!!, a little gardening, and plenty of preparing for September, which is a big birthday month for us with around 4 birthdays !!!, plus Fathers Day etc..
~ ~ ~ 
I know this post doesn't contain anything witty, ground breaking or inspirational, but this blog is a place for me to record bits of my life and I just wanted to take the time to record these two big things that happened recently. 
Bye for now, blessings and love to all ~ Linda

7 comments:

  1. Linda I'm so sorry to read about you lose muffin sounded like such s
    Lovely cat . I know how hard it is to Lose a pet heart breaking .
    Take comfort in the fact he/she had such a lovely life . Very much loved . Always love reading your post . Sending all my love and thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to ask a question , how did you get the packaging for your soap ?, I to make soap nothing as beatuiful as your soap but would like to package it I have no idea were to start . I wound appreciate any advice at all ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cinnamon Sugar,
    Thankyou for your kind words, Muffin was very dear to us :) Pets bring a special love and joy, like nothing else. Regards the soap packaging, every soap maker comes up with their own ideas and inspiration. I just researched online and come up with my own ideas - I've always been creative. It's expensive to buy ready made packaging, that's why I do it myself. Just surf the net for ideas :) and come up with your own labels/logo etc. That's the best advice I can give. Blessings to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Linda thanks a great help , hope you have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your very welcome, you have a lovely weekend too !! :) Our family is rostered on to do the church morning tea, so I'll be baking on Saturday.

      Delete
  5. Oh dear! I am so sorry about your little Muffin. That must have been a shock. I know it was difficult when our little dog, Josh, died. He was 15. We waited quite awhile before getting another pup.

    I'm glad to hear your son has relaunched. God bless him as he sets out on his own again.

    I noticed that you've put my Harvest Lane Cottage in your blog list. What an honor! Thank you! I am adding you to my list as well.

    Be blessed,
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Laura for your kind words :)
    I suppose anyone who has been through the loss of a pet knows how hard it is to lose them :( I love visiting your blog. You have a lovely spirit about you which I know is from our Lord ~ Bless you (your still in my prayers)

    ReplyDelete

Strangers and Pilgrims

  Hello dear friends and quiet followers, I hope your week is going well? It's Winter here in my corner of the world, so I am tucked up ...