Two wings lift a person up from earthy concerns: simplicity and purity. Simplicity should be in intention, purity in feelings. Simplicity reaches out after God, purity catches hold and tastes. ~ Thomas A’Kempis

Saturday 17 August 2019

Church Morning Tea

Hi friends,
I thought I would do something a bit different today (I actually got this idea from some other bloggers), and made a series of little videos, instead of writing and taking photo's like my usual blog post format.
My husband and I are on the morning tea roster once or twice a term at our church and I prepare a similar selection each time. This consists of Cheese/crackers and relish, some chocolate packet biscuits, some nice packet biscuits for the children's morning tea and maybe some fruit as well in summer. I also bake a cake (usually large butter cake, carrot cake or chocolate cake), and lastly I make scones or pikelets. I butter the scones and normally spread some raspberry or strawberry jam on them and then top them with a generous dollop of whipped cream just before the last hymn.

I thought I'd share getting ready for the morning tea in videos. I hope if you stop by and watch and enjoy these that you might leave me a sweet comment or even better, if you would like my video on youtube and subscribe to my channel there :)

 I hope to upload more videos as I have opportunity about different things I'm doing, whether that be gardening, soap making etc or even just a little bit of spiritual encouragement from something I've read during my quiet time that I think may also encourage someone else.

Blessings to you all ~ Linda








This last video I forgot to film it on wide screen, but it just shows all the food I prepared for the morning tea. :)






6 comments:

  1. I'm new to your blog, via Mrs White. I really ebjoyed reading your posts, and seeing the videos too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so lovely and welcome Elizabeth :) It brings me such joy when people stop by, are blessed by my content and leave a comment ~ Thank you. (Mrs White is such a treasure ! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my! I am so enjoying my visit to your blog! You are adorable, and I so am enjoying the special things you do in your home and the church morning tea roster food suggestions! This is so helpful I think!

    I will linger here and enjoy reading your different blog entries, so fun to meet new bloggers with a homemaking heart and a heart for God too. : )

    You are a blessing! ~Amelia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words Amelia. I agree it is such a blessing to meet other woman with a homemakers heart :) I always feel built up in my faith and encouraged after visiting blogs like yours and others of a like mind too :) Blessings to you ~ Linda

      Delete
  3. What a lovely tradition, and how fun to prepare for a tea party! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by Dianna and leaving a comment :) We have morning tea every week after the service at our church. Different families volunteer for the roster, so one might only need to do it once a term. I like to bake and when I have more time I try to make a delicious morning tea. I know our members who are elderly and or who live alone really appreciate this. :) Blessings to you.

      Delete

Strangers and Pilgrims

  Hello dear friends and quiet followers, I hope your week is going well? It's Winter here in my corner of the world, so I am tucked up ...