Two wings lift a person up from earthy concerns: simplicity and purity. Simplicity should be in intention, purity in feelings. Simplicity reaches out after God, purity catches hold and tastes. ~ Thomas A’Kempis

Monday 19 June 2023

Just a glimpse ...

 

Hello dear friends and quiet followers

Today as I was making the finishing touches to our evening meal, I glimpsed a sliver of rainbow out the window. It was so lovely and simple, that straightaway the thought came to me that it was a glimpse of God and of His faithfulness. Sometimes that’s all we need to sustain us, to continue on. 

We know He is a God who keeps His promises, and who is forever faithful. I was reflecting on just that last week, while driving to visit my mum. Suddenly in the car I was just overcome with joy. I’d been thinking about my oldest granddaughter who will turn thirteen shortly. I thought how faithful God has been in her life, how he answered a prayer I prayed to Him when she was just a wee baby. I was so joyful I was nearly giggling and openly smiling in the car. Any one passing would have thought I was a bit loopy, but no, it was the joy of the Lord filling me up.

God does that with us all the time, if we are ‘awake’ and aware of His ways. They can be ever so subtle. If we are always desiring to be in His presence and constantly remind ourselves that He is always with us, then we won’t miss these little moments. I often pray: Lord may I have eyes to see and ears to hear what your Holy Spirit is saying and showing me today. 

This is all I have to share, but I trust it will encourage someone.

Blessings ~ linda

7 comments:

  1. The joy of the Lord is so precious! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It encouraged me, Linda dear. Everything changes when we become aware of Him with us and focus on Him. Have a great weekend! Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou dear Laura, I'm so pleased you stopped by and that these simple words encouraged you 😊

      Delete
  3. Dear Linda,

    Your little space warms my heart. Thank you for sharing your encouraging thoughts. Such a sweet blessing.

    Simple Blessings, Teri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your kind words warm my heart ! Blessings to you Teri x

      Delete

Strangers and Pilgrims

  Hello dear friends and quiet followers, I hope your week is going well? It's Winter here in my corner of the world, so I am tucked up ...