Two wings lift a person up from earthy concerns: simplicity and purity. Simplicity should be in intention, purity in feelings. Simplicity reaches out after God, purity catches hold and tastes. ~ Thomas A’Kempis

Thursday 8 June 2023

Dear Lord

Dear Lord,

I thank you for your Word, the Holy Bible, for it reminds me of who you are and of your character which is holy, righteous and just.


I thank you that you are all seeing and all knowing. That you are omni-present; everywhere all at the same time. How wonderful this is. You are here with me right now, and yet you are still also in the furthest places of the earth.



 I thank you that there is no where I could go or be, that you are not there. You whispered to me once that you would never leave me and I know this to be true.

Art by Richard Taylor

I thank you that you are always faithful. loving, forgiving, merciful and true and that your ways are perfect. O how blessed is your name Father God - Yahweh. How blessed am I to be your child.

Art by Charles Edward Wilson

I thank you that I can call on you at any time, at all times and anywhere; and that you hear me; that    your interested in what I have to say and that you will answer me and my prayers in your  own special, loving way.

How blessed I am to know you, to love you and to call you my Lord and my Saviour.


Help me to cleave to you today; may I seek your face and speak to you throughout the day. Help me to be ever conscious of your nearness and to know and trust this deep down in my heart. 

May I be comforted by this knowledge of your character and strengthened in my spirit as I grasp your deep love for me, my precious Lord and dearest friend ~ Amen

An excerpt from my journal today 9/06/2023

12 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful and peaceful prayer. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really touched me. I am so glad I read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blessings to you Sandi :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Linda,

    This warms my heart. Thank you for sharing. I hope that your day is going well and that you are enjoying a bit of peace and quiet in your home today.

    Simple Blessings, Teri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Teri, sorry for the late reply, your email went to my spam folder :( To answer your question, yes I am enjoying peace and quiet in my home today. It's raining cats and dogs here as its Winter in New Zealand! I hope all is well with you in your part of the world. Blessings to you ~ Linda :)

      Delete
  5. A beautiful prayer.
    I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful and true Linda!! Isn't it amazing he will never leave us even for a second.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, as believers we are so blessed to know this precious truth !! :)

      Delete
  7. Beautiful and so true my friend xo

    ReplyDelete

Strangers and Pilgrims

  Hello dear friends and quiet followers, I hope your week is going well? It's Winter here in my corner of the world, so I am tucked up ...